Friday 12 April 2013

Dress a girl around the world




Earlier this year I read an article by Sew Scrumptious at http://sewscrumptious.blogspot.co.uk and as I had just got a sewing machine i thought that it would be great to take part and make a couple of dresses.    Then I promptly forgot about it until a friend gave me a bag of fabric; the fabric wasn't stuff that I would normally make anything out of but it was perfect to make some little dresses with.

So that's what I did - it has been my first major project on my new sewing machine and after a period of hating the machine and swearing at it for ages I have managed to change the thread on the bobbin (the first dresses all had red thread as I couldn't figure out how to change it nicely!) I have made ten dresses now and see below. Please note that there are no close up in case my sewing friends notice any flaws!




I plan to carry on making these dresses so if any of you have any fabric that you don't want or has been sitting in the wardrobe for years, please send it to me. Please contact me through this blog or Facebook. I am going to India on Tuesday and it is eye opening to see real poverty and it makes you realise just how lucky you are and how much we have.



No comments:

Post a Comment